I was nominated by: https://partandparcel2014.wordpress.com for a free style writing challenge.
So here are Rules I had to follow (copied from AdiC’s) :
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation andCAPITALS. However if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
Here’s what I wrote in 5 minutes for the word ALIVE!
Alive, how do you describe the being alive, the wind in your hair, the grass between your toes, the waves crashing onto the rocks. The smell of the fresh sea air, the taste of salt on your lips, sand getting into every nook and cranny. The Sun burning your skin to a crispy red. Hiking a mountain, or swimming in the sea. Finding new adventures and meeting new people. Being alive is not just surviving; it’s exploring your mind and the world around you. Taking long walks or loving the man of your dreams. Reading a good book, or maybe enjoying a adventurous movie. Maybe I should take my own advice and start living again amongst the people of the world. Maybe I should go rock climbing or even a hike. But being alive is not just a job; it’s enjoying your life and being alive. You’re not alive if you are just sitting on your bum, or even working every, sleeping, eating and thats your day. Take photos, and become excited, drink a glass of wine when you’re not meant too. Do something that get’s your blood pumping. I know I need to. Don’t just survive become alive.
Time taken: 5 minutes
Number of words: 199
And my nominees would be :
Your word is TODAY!